Istanbul Area Map & Directions
Our lovely Istanbul Hotel Sari Konak is nestled conveniently in the heart of Sultanahmet, the historic district of Istanbul.
An Ideal Central LocationIf you are ready for magical days of exploring our old city, you'll be in the perfect spot when you stay at Hotel Sari Konak. The list of historical places recommended as must-sees in all the major guidebooks are a comfortable walk from our hotel, which makes it especially simple for those of you traveling from other countries. You won't have to spend half your day arranging transportation and actually traveling from one disparate spot to the next. It's all right here!
Ataturk International Airport is the main international airport .The best way to get to the hotel is to take a taxi from the airport. Airport taxis, orange in color, are readily available outside the terminal building.
- They are all reliable and have a meter. The ride from Istanbul Ataturk Airport takes around 30 minutes (depending on the traffic) and will cost you more or less 60 TL. The ride from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport takes around 60 minutes (depending on the traffic) and will cost you more or less 160 TL.
We can also arrange a private transfer for you, through a travel agency. If you would like to be picked from the airport, all you need to do is to e-mail us your flight info. A representative of the agency will be waiting for you just outside of the customs, holding up a sign with your name.
- We charge 30 EUR per transfer (up to 4 people) per transfer(from Istanbul Ataturk Airport).
Another option would be to take HAVATAS (airport bus) which departs from outside the arrivals hall, every 30 minutes between 04:00 am – 01:00 am, ending in TAKSIM and stopping only in AKSARAY. You can get off in Aksaray and take a taxi to the hotel. The ticket per person is 10 TL. ( plus the taxi between AKSARAY – SULTANAHMET )
- You will spend almost the same amount of money as you do for the taxi.
The cheapest option is by metro, changing at AKSARAY onto tram, taking around 50 minutes.You will need to get off the tram at Sultanahmet stop and walk to the hotel . The metro, as well as the tram, runs daily between 6:00 am- midnight.
Sabiha Gokcen International Airport is located on the Asian side, quite far from Sultanahmet.
- A transfer can be arranged by the hotel at a rate of 60 EUR (up to 4 people)
- Otherwise taxi is another option and will cost you more or less 160 TL.
- HAVATAS bus service is also available every 30 minutes, between 04:00 am-01:00 am to TAKSIM.
- Then you will need to take a taxi from TAKSIM to SULTANAHMET.
- The ticket per person is 12 TL and the ride takes around 1,5 h, depending on the traffic.